WIND ENERGY SUPPLY CHAIN WORKSHOP
FEATURING THE GLOBAL WIND NETWORK (GLWN) TEAM
Our Basic workshop covers the bases for manufacturers and service providers interested in exploring market diversification into one of America’s fastest growing markets:
- How extensive is this industry and what are the trends?
- What is the FIT program in Ontario and how do you capitalize on it?
- What components and systems make up a wind turbine?
- What is the supply chain structure for wind turbine parts?
- What are the mandatory requirements for this industry?
- Beyond manufacturing, what else is needed?
- Where does a company get more information fast?
Do you operate a factory in Ontario that has the capability to produce power electronics, control systems, hydraulics, fasteners, brakes, blades, nacelles, or supplemental equipment for the wind industry such as ladders, elevators, hoists, fire suppression, lighting, or meteorological equipment? Do you operate a foundry, forge, machine shop, or fabricating plant? Do you provide support services including engineering, construction, legal or financial services?
If you do…THIS EVENT IS FOR YOU.Register Now
7:30 - 8:15 - On-site Registration
8:15 - 8:30 - Introductions including special attendees
8:30 - 8:45 - A Local Success Story – Samuel & Company
8:45 - 9:15 - Opportunities within the Wind Supply Chain
9:15 - 10:15 - Anatomy of a Wind Turbine
10:15 - 10:45 - Health & Networking Break
10:45 - 11:30 - Supply Chain Structure
11:30 - 12:00 - The FIT Program and Local Manufacturing - LCAB
12:00 - 12:45 - Lunch
12:45 – 1:45 - OEM Roundtable Discussions
1:45 - 2:00 - CanWEA Presentation
2:00 - 2:30 - Health & Networking Break
2:30 - 3:30 - OEM panel discussion
3:30 - 3:45 - Next steps
3:45 - 4:00 - Open Discussions
4:00 - Adjourn - Formal Workshop
4:00 – 6:00 - Reception hosted by CanWEA