GLWN Announces Winds of Opportunity for Canadian Manufacturers
October 1, 2011
XAG Energy, located in Southern Ontario, has been issued exclusive rights to provide the GLWN Wind Capabilities Profile assessment to manufacturers located across Canada.
The GLWN Wind Capabilities Profile helps manufacturers position themselves to succeed in the rapidly growing dynamic wind supply chain. GLWN has conducted 250 assessments since 2007, and has trained XAG staff to perform assessments for manufacturers located across Canada. GLWN strongly supports XAG Energy assessment and supply chain coordination activities.
Key advantages of choosing the GLWN Profile Assessment process:
- Analyzes plant capabilities and identifies opportunities for component manufacturing.
- Provides a summary of likely outcomes resulting from a wind turbine supplier approval qualification audit, as well as actions to take to increase likelihood of getting a contract.
- Suggests issues affecting competitiveness, how suppliers might be viewed when compared to their competition and current industry needs / requirements and ways to improve.
- Provides a roadmap moving forward with suggested actions that will aid, not only in future wind supply chain penetration, but also in the industries you’re already serving.
- Aggressively scheduled. The entire process is typically completed in six to eight (6–8) weeks.
- Low cost access to resources that help suppliers understand fit, challenges and required future courses of action.
- Automatically enrolled in the GLWN wind supply chain network which includes marketing via the GLWN wind supply chain map, membership with GLWN for one (1) year at the Megawatt level ($1,000 value), special industry specific event invitations, access to market intelligence through GLWN team members, and when appropriate, applicable industry introductions.
GLWN is an industry~led network of manufacturers and suppliers whose mission is to increase the domestic content of North America’s wind turbines and to grow the supply chain for the wind industry. GLWN works with wind turbine OEMs and developers, identifies critical needs, and connects manufacturers and suppliers with new customers. Launched in 2007 as the Great Lakes WIND Network™–GLWN is now a global network comprised over 1,500 suppliers to the wind industry.
For information about GLWN, visit www.glwn.org.